On 5th October 2020, the Oxfordshire Hospital School will be 100 years old! The OHS has seen much change over the years from it’s humble beginnings teaching 14 young people in outdoor classrooms to where it is today teaching across multiple hospital sites and more widely across the county in young people’s homes.
There will be a number of events marking the School’s Centenary over the coming weeks and months; updates will be provided here, via our email newsletters and our social media platforms https://twitter.com/OxHospSchool.
To assist in raising the profile of the Hospital School Sector and the challenges that children with medical conditions face with regard to the continuation of their education whilst unwell, we will be taking part in a number of events to raise money for the charities associated with the school. Use this link to make a donation on our fundraising page.
The purpose of our fundraising is :
- To assist in raising the profile of the Hospital School Sector so that:
- There are robust accountability measures in place nationally that routinely check on a schools’ medical conditions policy.
- The Department for Education tighten their guidance requiring all schools to publish their medical conditions policies on their websites.
- More is done to help schools understand their responsibilities in regard to young people with medical conditions.
- To highlight the challenges that children with medical conditions face with regard to the continuation of their education whilst unwell.
We will be taking part in a number of events to raise money for the charities associated with the school. Those participating will complete 100 things for the 100 years of the school between 5th September and 5th November (or from the 5th October for a 100 day period).
Cycling-fans from Oxfordshire Hospital School are cycling 100km across Oxfordshire on the weekend of 11/12th October in a fundraising bid for hospital charities. Further details can be found in this press release.
Other suggested activities include:
- Run, ride, swim 100 km/lengths
- Juggle 100 times
- Skip 100 times
- Score 100 in 10 pin bowling
- Bake a centenary cake with 100 being the focus – OHS bake off competition
- Complete 100 random acts of kindness
- Climb 100 steps a day
Anything that has an association to the number 100 will do!
To be a member of the fundraising team, send us an email at: email@example.com and we’ll add you to our growing team of fundraisers.
Donations will be split evenly amongst three charities: