We are currently recruiting a parent Governor.
Are you passionate about making a difference? If you can say ‘yes’ to the following, we need you:
- Have a child of education age
- Can spare at least 2 hours a term to attend governing body meetings
- Would like to know more about the education system
- Not afraid to ask questions and act as a critical friend
- Prepared to undertake induction training
In return you will receive:
- Opportunity to develop new skills and strengthen existing ones
- Chance to make a real difference to the community
- Knowledge that children will benefit from your efforts
For more information call 01865 957 480 or email email@example.com.
What’s it like to be a Governor at our school?
“It’s amazing to be part of such a special school and to be that friendly critic driving them to go even further”
“‘As someone whose child was treated for cancer over a prolonged period at the Children’s Hospital, the opportunity to in some way ‘give back’ has been fantastic. As a teacher I feel I can both empathise and support the Head and his amazing team. I’m constantly in awe of my fellow governors and the wealth of experience they bring to the role and the professionalism with which they approach it. I have found the process both fascinating and challenging in equal measure. I have also developed skills that I have been able to take back into my professional life. A truly rewarding experience and one I would highly recommend.”
“It’s really rewarding to be part of such a special school and, as a governor, you can really make a difference in helping it be the best it can be – the pupils deserve nothing less”
Chair : Andrew Rattue, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice Chair & SEND Governor: Tom Aubrey-Fletcher
Safeguarding Governor: Andrew Williams
Other Governors: Mary Pegler, Anwar Zaidi, Robert Moore, Michael Goode, Phil Robson, Joseph Wood, Mollie Tustian, Steve Lowe
Governing Body – Full details including Declarations of Interest
Historical members of the OHS governing board
The OHS Governing board committees