We are seeking three enthusiastic individuals who are flexible, organised and are passionate about supporting the teaching and learning for young people who have medical or mental health needs. We have one vacancy for an HLTA in our Outreach team and two HLTAs at a newly opening psychiatric inpatient unit. Please see full details in the adverts below and do get in touch with any enquiries.
We are looking for teachers of maths, English or science to teach in pupils’...
Working at the OHS
If you are a resilient and inspiring individual who wants to make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable young people at a remarkable organisation then keep reading!
Thank you for showing an interest in working at the Oxfordshire Hospital School (OHS). We hope the information on these pages will be helpful to you and that it conveys exactly what we are looking for in a member of staff – a team member who shares our values.
- Our school is a place where we make sure every individual feels safe and supported.
- We recognise and value the fact that we are all unique individuals with different strengths and talents.
- We support each other and positively challenge ourselves and others so that we can become more independent, achieve, make positive choices about our future and continue to improve.
- We treat each other fairly, with respect, dignity and kindness.
- We work together because we all have a role to play – pupils, parents, staff and governors – in accepting each other, aspiring to become confident, independent adults and inspiring each other to achieve our dreams.
- We recognise that Values Education is vital in creating an approach to teaching that not only nurtures a strong learning environment and enhances academic attainment, but also continues to develop students’ social, emotional and relationship skills that will last throughout their lives.
Our whole school values set, selected by our school community, embraces six key values: resilience, curiosity, hope, kindness, equality and respect. These values are principles that guide our thinking and behaviour.
Our Mission – at OHS we believe in putting pupils at the heart of everything we do; through trust, positive relationships and a commitment to working together, we inspire pupils to do their best.
As a Hospital School (we are officially designated by DfE as a Special School) our priority is to provide exceptional education opportunities to pupils with medical conditions.
OHS is commissioned by Oxfordshire County Council to meet its duties as set out in Section 19 of the Education Act 1996.
We were recognised as an Outstanding school in July 2017 and we work hard to sustain and improve on this achievement. Our leaders, teachers and support staff have incredibly high expectations of themselves and the pupils with whom they work and committed to exploring new and innovative ways of delivering our outstanding provision.
We are looking for staff who:
- Are resilient, warm, out-going, authentic, passionate and inspiring
- Want to make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable young people
- Can inspire our pupils to do their best
What we will offer:
- Passionate and highly committed Board of Governors, staff and parents
- A strong and supportive team spirit among staff
- Outstanding teaching in an exciting and challenging learning environment
- Continued exceptional support for personal and professional development
- The opportunity to work with children and young people across all phases of education who are unique individuals with specific emotional and health needs
- Staff Benefits Statement
Please see above for details of our latest teaching and support staff vacancies.
The OHS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education, the School will conduct online recruitment checks for all shortlisted applicants; all successful candidates are subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service clearance. The OHS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting equality and social inclusion. We operate a policy whose aim is to ensure that unlawful or otherwise unjustifiable discrimination does not take place in recruitment.
Thank you for taking the time to consider our vacancies. We look forward to receiving your application.
Looking to get into teaching but not sure what to do? Click here