Please click here to read our initial response to the news reports relating to the ‘Everyone’s Invited’ website. At OHS we take all reports of sexual harassment and sexual violence extremely seriously and are reiterating our policies and procedures relating to this with our parents, pupils and staff. We will be following the current Ofsted review of this area closely and will ensure that any recommendations arising from this are acted upon and incorporated into our existing practice.
If you are a parent, pupil or professional who would like to speak to someone about supporting potential victims of sexual abuse, please be aware that the NSPCC have recently set up a dedicated helpline for this on 0800 136 663. You may also wish to explore the ‘Stop it Now’ Harmful Sexual Behaviour Prevention Toolkit or the Parents Protect Learning Programme for further information.
Safety During Lock-down
We are offering pupils a range of distance learning options. We have written to parents of pupils in our Outreach Teaching Service and our Children’s Hospital Teaching Sector describing these and how they can help to keep their children safe.
Download our ‘Distance Learning – Staying Safe – Pupil Guides’:
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
Mob: 07483 116 778
Tel: 01865 957 480
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads (DDSLs)
Nominated Child Protection/Safeguarding Governor
Dr Sylvia Benjamin
Tel: 01865 957 480
Chair of Governors
All staff complete a suite of safeguarding training comprising:
- Generalist (Intercollegiate Level 2), for practitioners who work with children, young people and/or their families for more than 3 hours per month and valid for up to three years. Provider: OSCB
- Advanced (Intercollegiate Level 3), a specialist course for practitioners who regularly work with any children and young people on a one-to-one basis and valid for up to two years. Provider: OSCB
- Prevent, an introduction to radicalisation and how to support students who may be at risk. Renewed every two years. Provider: HM Government
- Understanding Pathways to Extremism and the Prevent Programme and Safeguarding Children Refresher Course Bundle, Female Genital Mutilation, Radicalisation, Forced Marriage, Child Trafficking, Child Sexual Exploitation. Renewed every two years. Provider: Virtual College
- Child Sexual Exploitation. Renewed every two years. Provider: Virtual College
- Online Safety Training, e-safety training to help you keep children and young people safe online. Renewed every two years. Provider: NSPCC / CEOP
In addition, members of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and our Leaders of Learning (LOL) complete:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead training, renewed every two years. Provider: OSCB
- Safer Recruitment Training, renewed every five years (SLT). Provider: OSCB
Each year we complete the S157/175 annual safeguarding report to Oxfordshire Children’s Safeguarding Board and action plan ongoing improvements highlighted as part of this self-evaluation. Our safeguarding action plan is also informed by an annual visit from an independent safeguarding consultant.